FROM JASON’S INBOX — The third and final act of Star Trek: Of Gods and Men will be released Saturday, June15, at 5:01 p.m., the movie’s creators announced today.
“Believe it or not, I loved your review. It was the first one I have read that gave more praise to my FX teams hard work than praise to the actors and writers. All others reviews have been quite the opposite.
As far as your predictions are concerned (even your biggie for Act II, not all is as it seems) you are in for a very big surprise in Act III. Nice call about Garan, but don’t put all your eggs in one basket. ;)
Thanks for the great review, my team loved it!”
This time around, we’ll get three new characters played by:
- Daamen J. Krall, who did voices in the Starfleet Command III and Starfleet Academy video games.
- Herbert Jefferson Jr., for whom I can find no Trek connection other than a one-episode stint with The Shatner on T.J. Hooker (but he was Lt. Boomer on the old incarnations of Battlestar Galactica)
- Grace Lee Whitney, best known as Yeoman Janice Rand on Star Trek: TOS. She also played a communications officer in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
The producers are also promising cameos by:
- Arlene Martel, who played the Vulcan T’Ping (Spock’s prospective wife) in Amok Time (TOS).
- Jack Donner, who played Romulan Subcommander Tal in The Enterprise Incident (TOS).
- Tania Lemani, who played the exotic dancer Kara in the did-Scotty-committ-murder mind-bender Wolf In the Fold (TOS).
- Celeste Yarnall, who played Pavel’s red-shirt romantic interest Martha Landon in The Apple (TOS)
As for plot, we’re promised a battle between the alternate timeline rebels and Galactic Order.